This month marks the 57th consecutive American Heart Month. Established by President Lyndon B. Johnson in December 1963, American Heart Month is a time for Americans to adopt healthy lifestyles to prevent heart disease.
Throughout February, we are raising awareness of the importance of cardiovascular health by hosting heart-healthy events and sharing important information about community safety and wellness. We invite everyone to join our Culture of Action and participate in our month-long campaign to save hearts and lives.
Here’s how you can take part in American Heart Month and join our Culture of Action:
- Friday, February 5th – Wear Red Day. Snap a selfie wearing red and tag us using #gwynethsgiftfoundation
- Thursday, February 11th – Join us for a heart-healthy wine tasting virtually with our friends at City Vino
- Tuesday, February 16th – Grab some family members and head into the kitchen with Dr. Yum for a virtual Meal-O-Matic cooking class
- Wednesday, February 24th – Check out our latest Community Beat interview with Board Member and Cardiologist, Dr. Gregory Kaufman on our YouTube Channel.
- All month-long – Sign-up for an in-person or virtual Hands-Only CPR and AED training class