The Gwyneth’s Gift Foundation was formed in loving memory and honor of Gwyneth Griffin who is a testament to us all on how to live freely with undeniable optimism and compassion toward others. The Gwyneth’s Gift Foundation seeks applicants for its scholarship program from qualified Mountain View High School seniors for the 2017-2018 school year.
Applicants must best exemplify the virtues that most represent Gwyneth Griffin – compassion, service, leadership, determination, and acceptance.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Be a graduating senior at Mountain View High School in the 2017-2018 school year
• Will attend an institution of higher learning in the Fall of 2018
Scholarship Process and Details:
Application Deadline: April 13, 2018
Submit Application to:
Gwyneth’s Gift Foundation
PO Box 690
Garrisonville, VA 22463
Selection Process: All applications will be reviewed by the Foundation’s Scholarship Committee. All recipients and their guidance counselor will be notified of the committee’s decision(s).
1. Completed and signed Scholarship Application
2. Two (2) Recommendation Forms; one from a school official and another from a community leader
3. Complete Two (2) of the following Narratives (no more than 800 words each)
• Describe a friendship you have with someone from a different race, socioeconomic background, religion or culture.
How has this friendship changed you? What has it taught you?
• Describe an obstacle or challenge you have overcome in your academic or personal life.
What lesson did you learn from the experience? How do you apply that lesson in your life today?
• Use a blank piece of paper to do with as you wish. Use this opportunity to reflect your creativity and allow us to learn
about your ideas, choices, and how you think. Make sure your message is clear and easily identifiable. You may include a
brief written explanation that conveys the meaning of your work, what it signifies or represents, and what it
communicates about you. This medium must be an original work.
• Which of these characteristics – compassion, service, leadership, determination, acceptance – best describes
you and why?
4. Copy of your official high school transcript
5. List public service and community activities
6. List of extracurricular activities
7. Copy of acceptance letter from an institution of higher learning
Applications may be downloaded below or obtained from the Mountain View High School Counseling Office.
We want to share it with you! Whether a simple question on AEDs, the foundation, our programs, or how you can get involved yourself? Click on this link and fill out the contact form and we will be pleased to provide you with all the ways you can be part of Gwyneth’s Gift Foundation and our mission to save lives.CONTACT US